Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Nuku Hiva, Marquesas


Nuku Hiva, Marquesas


Well this is our last stop. We did not have an excursion planned for today (there was only 1, the island is so small) so Ty and I decided to get off the ship and explore the port area that had been set up for us. 







There was a few nice craft markets, park areas, shops and café near the port within walking distance.














 





 

We took our time going through the area, then Ty decided to head back to the ship for some lunch, while I went to the café to grab a bit to eat and use the free wifi!  I spent the rest of the afternoon sitting with a drink at the café lounging in the warm breeze, people watching and taking it all in.  It was a great relaxing afternoon.











Well, that's it.  I hope all that followed enjoyed coming along with us and maybe gave you some ideas for places you'd like to see.  This trip was such a wonderful experience.  We were taken to places I have only dreamed of going and met so many wonderful people; locals, shipmates, and crew members. I am so happy we decided to take the leap and just do it. I would do it again in a heartbeat. There is so much more of the world to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment